I finally made a drink with the Five-Chile Vodka that I made last month. I bottled most of it and gave it as Christmas gifts, but I had a bit left for myself, so I gave this recipe a try. YUM! It really has a kick from the chiles and the hot sauce.

Blazing Bloody Marys
Every Day with Rachael Ray December 2007

ΒΌ cup plus 2 tablespoons Five-Chile Vodka, chilled
1 cup tomato juice, chilled
1 tablespoon lemon juice
6 dashes Worcerstershire sauce
4 dashes hot pepper sauce
salt and pepper
2 celery sticks, for garnish
2 lemon wedges, for garnish

In a pitcher, combine the Five-Chile Vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into 2 glasses filled with ice; garnish with the celery and lemon wedges.

Makes 2 drinks.

MacGourmet Rating: 5 Stars

And here's the recipe for the vodka:

Infused Vodka
Every Day with Rachael Ray December 2007

Place 1 liter of vodka and 5 dried, chopped chiles in a large bottle and seal shut; let rest in a cool, dark place for 2 to 5 days, depending on your desired strength.

Strain and pour into gift bottles.

Print recipe gift tags, (rachaelraymag.com).


This is what my bottles looked like - I made my own labels, wrote the recipes on gift tags, and tied dried chiles to them. They were a big hit!

Labels: , , , ,