I've had this recipe sitting around forever and finally decided to make it. I'm not sure what the original source is - I'd guess that it came from McCormick because of all of the brand names in the ingredient list. It's really fresh and crisp! I didn't have chickpeas, so I subbed white beans. After throwing in 1/2 cup, I decided that the whole can would be better. This salad reminds me of one that my father-in-law makes, except his has potatoes in it. I'll have to ask him for that recipe sometime, as it's one that he used to eat all the time when he was growing up in Italy.

Fresh Green Bean Salad

1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup drained and rinsed cooked chickpeas
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves
1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Mustard

1. Place beans in pan of boiling water. Cook 1 minute. Remove and rinse with cold water.

2. In a large bowl, combine beans, onion, chickpeas, and tomatoes.

3. Place dressing ingredients in 1-cup glass measure and beat with fork until well combined. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Nutritional notes:
Calories: 65, Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 70 mg, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 3 g

MacGourmet Rating: 4 Stars

Labels: , , , ,