I made another farro salad. We LOVE this stuff!

Farro Salad with Sauteéd Veggies and Feta with Lime Vinaigrette

I used the vinaigrette recipe from last time (from the Farro, Avocado, Cucumber, and Cherry Tomato Salad recipe from Cooking Light July 2008):

1 cup uncooked farro
4 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon fresh grated lime rind
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
¾ teaspoon salt

I changed up the ingredients for the salad this time, using stuff that I got from the farmers' market, and some herbs from my garden:

3 ears of corn, kernels cut off
1 large tomato, diced
handful of green beans, trimmed and halved
1/2 c. feta crumbles
pinch of red pepper flakes
fresh flat-leaf parsley
fresh chives

Cover farro with 2 inches of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water in a colander and drain thoroughly. I noticed that some of the darker bits are hard, so I pick out any that I come across.

While the farro is cooking, sauté the corn in 1T olive oil. Add in green beans, tomato, and red pepper flakes.

Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together in a large bowl. Add farro and sauteéd veggies and toss to coat. Add in chopped herbs and feta and toss lightly. Enjoy!

MacGourmet Rating: 5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,