We made last minute plans for some friends to come over and grill. They had a bunch of stuff to gril, and said that I didn't need to make anything. I couldn't do that! So I threw together some sangria and spruced up a boxed dessert. I would have done more, but I really didn't have time...but they both turned out fantastic!

This was a store-bought Jello No-Bake Cheesecake mix that I put together and then topped with lots of fresh fruit. I figure that makes it only half-cheating, right?





And then I decided to make some sangria, which turned out GREAT! I think it's the best I've ever made!



Sangria

1 1.5 liter bottle red wine, (I used Yellow Tail Cabernet-Merlot)
1 orange, diced
2 Granny Smith apples, diced
1 12 ounce bag frozen raspberries
¾ cup blueberries
apple juice
ginger ale
3 shots Triple Sec

Put fruit and wine into large pitcher. Add Triple Sec and fill it to the top of the pitcher with apple juice and ginger ale (I use a little more juice than ginger ale).

MacGourmet Rating: 5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,