This meal really frustrated me. Things weren't going great for me in the kitchen, and that might have influenced the results of this meal. I wasn't crazy about the combination of flavors. I won't be making this again.
Pork Chops with Balsamic Strawberry Salad and Pine Nut Orzo
Every Day with Rachael Ray November 2008
½ lb. orzo pasta
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 pint strawberries, quartered
½ cup basil leaves, torn
1 cup baby spinach leaves, sliced
Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
4 slices prosciutto, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
Four 1-inch-thick pork chops
3 tablespoons butter
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg
⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
2. In a saucepan, boil the balsamic vinegar until reduced to 2 to 3 tablespoons, 5 minutes. In a bowl, toss the strawberries, basil and spinach with the balsamic glaze.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the prosciutto strips and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Add another drizzle of EVOO to the skillet. Season the chops with salt and pepper and cook, turning once, until cooked through, 8 minutes.
4. In another large skillet, cook the butter over medium heat until brown, about 3 minutes. Add the pasta, cinnamon and nutmeg and toss; season with salt. Stir in the nuts.
5. Spoon the salad over the chops and top the orzo with the prosciutto.
MacGourmet Rating: 3 Stars
Labels: chop, every day with rachael ray, orzo, pine nut, pork, prosciutto, rachael ray, salad, spinach, strawberry