Pumpkin Soup

I've been sick with bronchitis, so I really wanted to make some soup. I didn't have a lot in the house, so this is what I threw together. It turned out pretty good! My immersion blender is shot, so it wasn't as smooth as I would have liked it to be, but next time...



Pumpkin Soup

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 small carrots, cut in half and sliced
1 stalk celery, cut in half and sliced
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
29 ounce can pumpkin puree
2-3 cups low sodium chicken broth
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon molasses
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste

Heat oil in a large soup pot. Sweat carrots, celery, onion and garlic until very soft. Add some salt and stir in. Add rest of ingredients, using as much chicken broth as you need to reach a consistency that you like. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until heated through. Use immersion blender to smooth out to desired texture.

MacGourmet Rating: 3 Stars

Labels: , , , , ,