Superbowl Party: Black Bean Dip

OK, this stuff doesn't look pretty, and I can't find the recipe that I used to make it once that was insanely good, so I tweaked this one from Coastal Living to try to add more punch to it. It was really good - very flavorful - but not quite the one I had made last year. Oh well...I'll just have to keep experimenting with black bean dip recipes until I find it!

Black Bean Dip
Adapted from Coastal Living

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1-1/2 Tbsp cumin
2 cloves of garlic, minced
about 1/4 c cilantro
1 Tbsp lime juice
dash of hot sauce
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt

For cilantro oil:
1/4 c cilantro
extra virgin olive oil

Mix in food processor and serve with chips or your favorite raw vegetables. For cilantro oil, blend cilantro and oil in a food processor until smooth, and drizzle over dip.

MacGourmet Rating: 4 Stars

Labels: , , , , , ,