Meatloaf

When I was little, I didn't really eat much ground beef, so I'd always complain when my mom made meatloaf. Well, things have changed so I asked her how she made her meatloaf. Let's just say I was really missing out all those years! It's super easy and really tasty. It stays really moist, and the dark bits around the edges of the loaf are wonderful! Sorry I ever doubted you, mom!



Meatloaf
Adapted from Mom

1-½ to 2 lb. ground beef
1 cup oatmeal
1 egg
1 cup ketchup, plus extra for topping
1 small onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
olive oil

Sauté the onion and green pepper in olive oil. Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and form into a loaf on a baking sheet (a loaf pan will keep too much grease in the meat). Spread some ketchup on top of it and bake at 350 for about an hour.

MacGourmet Rating: 5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,