Crockpot French Dips

This is my favorite way to enjoy a French Dip, and it's really easy. I've made this several times now, and this time around I couldn't find roast, so I got a few smaller steaks and cooked them just the same. I ended up shredding the meat right in the crockpot in with the juices, and it worked out beautifully! I had my friend Linda over for dinner and it was her first time trying French Dips - she's a big fan now!



Crockpot French Dips
Adapted from CLBB

1 3 pound chuck roast, all visible fat trimmed
½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
½ cup water
¼ cup low-sodium beef broth
1 bay leaf
3-4 whole peppercorns
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder

for sandwiches:
Provolone, sliced
sandwich rolls
butter
garlic powder

Put first 8 ingredients in crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours. Remove roast and let cool. Mix garlic powder and butter and spread on toasted rolls. Top with shredded beef and provolone, and bake or toast in toaster oven until the cheese melts. Put the leftover au jus into small bowls for dunking.

MacGourmet Rating: 5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,