Thanksgiving: Squash Casserole

This recipe was a huge hit with my in-laws and friends this Thanksgiving. My mom has been making this for years, and when I was little I couldn't stand it. Last year, I decided that I wanted to try to make it my self and see if I liked it now that I'm all grown up, and I have to say WOW! It's awesome! The squash is nice and smooth, and the crunchy topping is perfect. This packs a lot of flavor and makes a ton!



Squash Casserole
Mom

1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups butternut squash
½ cup butter
2 Tablespoons butter
1 can Cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 8 ounce package herb seasoned stuffing, (typically sold in 16 ounce packages)

Cook squash until soft; mash with fork

Saute onion in 2T butter until soft. Add squash, soup and sour cream.

Melt 1/2c butter and add to stuffing; mix well. Add to mixture, reserving 1/3 of stuffing; top with remaining stuffing.

Pour into 9x13 pan.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

MacGourmet Rating: 5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,