The Best Thing To Eat After Being Stuck in a Blizzard

The weather in New York has been insane lately. I left work a little early to make it home safe and sound, because it looked like the roads were getting bad. I had no idea how bad they were until 4 1/2 hours later when I got home, safe. It was a treacherous drive (going the wrong way on streets, driving through fallen trees and over power lines...never reaching more than 20mph), and I'm so thankful that I made it back in one piece. I'm also thankful that Dino had a gin & tonic ready for me when I walked in the door, and that he agreed to cook dinner so I could relax. He made this lovely chicken pita sandwich that was just perfect. It had a ton of flavor, so I'll see if he remembers what he did so I can post a recipe here. I think it would taste best without the blizzard, but it was a wonderful end to a less than wonderful day.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,