Passion Fruit Chili Margaritas

Dino and I went out for our anniversary dinner, and I had an awesome beverage there. I wanted to try to recreate it at home, and I think I nailed it! I probably put about 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne between 2 glasses, but do it to your taste. The spice kind of sneaks up on you afterward, and it's a deliciously different cocktail. You have to try this one out!



Passion Fruit Chili Margaritas
Inspired by BLT Steak - White Plains, NY

1 oz tequila (I used Patron)
1.5 oz margarita mix
1.5 oz passion fruit juice
ground cayenne, to taste
lime, for garnish
kosher salt, for garnish

Mix tequila, margarita mix, passion fruit juice and some cayenne pepper in an ice-filled martini shaker and pour into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with lime slices that have been dusted with kosher salt and cayenne pepper.

MacGourmet Rating: 5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , ,