Sausage and Peppers

Pin It



One of the foods on the list of things I don't like, but want to, is sausage. We had some hot Italian sausages on the grill a few weeks ago when we were camping, and I didn't mind them, so I decided to try my hand at making an Italian dish that Dino really likes...sausage and peppers. I had an idea of how I'd want to make them, but he made a quick call to his dad to verify. I drizzled some olive oil in a dutch oven and seared 6 hot Italian sausages on both sides. I added in 1 sliced white onion, 1 sliced red bell pepper and 1 sliced green bell pepper. I drizzled the top with some more olive oil and seasoned it with a pinch of dried oregano, salt and pepper. I splashed on some white wine (about 1/4 cup) and put it into a 375°F oven, uncovered, for about 45 minutes. We ate them as sandwiches, and they were great! This was a super easy and tasty meal that really hit the spot!



Big Flavors Rating: 4 Stars

Labels: , , , , , ,