Salmon with Crisp, Tangy Vegetables



I wanted to make something quick and healthy for dinner tonight, so I picked up some salmon from the store. I heated some olive oil in a skillet, and added the salmon, rubbed with some Penzey's Sate Seasoning, which has coarse flake salt, brown sugar, garlic, white onion, coriander, purple shallots, ginger, turmeric, sweet paprika, Ancho pepper, galangal, cayenne red pepper, and lemon grass. I added some freshly ground black pepper and gave both sides a nice sear. While that was cooking, I whisked together some rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, olive oil, salt & pepper in a bowl. I tossed in some sliced red & green bell pepper, cucumber, grape tomato and sugar snap peas. I topped the salmon with this fresh veggie mixture, and dinner was ready. Dino loved it - it was a really fresh, healthy, easy meal that I made with the veggies that were hanging out in the fridge. Perfect for a Monday night!

Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,