Crockpot French Dips

Pin It



I've been really bummed ever since my crockpot died on St. Patty's Day this year. It took me so long to research which one would be best (and safest) when I got that one over 5 years ago, and the reviews had all changed since, so I had to start from scratch. After looking at reviews online a few times, I felt defeated. So many brands have issues with overheating, burning, bad electronics, bad lids...the annoyances seemed endless. So I was surprised this morning when I got to open my birthday present from Dino, and it was a brand new crockpot - one that he spent DAYS researching to find the one that would be the best bet for us.

So I wasn't planning to cook today, but since we finally have a crockpot again, I decided to make French Dips again. It's one of our favorites! This time around, I used some awesome hamburger rolls from the Farmers' Market, and I added dried parsley to the butter mixture. It really hit the spot!



Crockpot French Dips
Adapted from CLBB

1 3 pound chuck roast, all visible fat trimmed
½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
½ cup water
¼ cup low-sodium beef broth
1 bay leaf
3-4 whole peppercorns
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder

for sandwiches:
Provolone, sliced
sandwich rolls
butter, softened
garlic powder
dried parsley

Put first 8 ingredients in crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours. Remove roast and let cool. Shred beef with a big fork.

Mix a generous amount of garlic powder with a sprinkle of parsley into the softened butter and spread on toasted rolls. Top with shredded beef and provolone, and bake or toast in toaster oven until the cheese melts. Put the leftover au jus into small bowls for dunking.

Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,