Spiced Garlic Scape Marinated Chicken with Couscous





We planted some garlic last fall, and the scapes were ready to be picked. It wasn't enough to make a pesto or anything, so I decided to try out a marinated chicken dish. This turned out OK, but I think I overcooked the chicken, so it was kind of dry. It was especially surprising since I marinated it in Greek yogurt, which usually makes chicken really tender.

For the marinade, I used 2 chopped garlic scapes, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon each of turmeric, cumin and coriander, and some salt and pepper. I added 2 cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts and marinated it in the fridge for 2 hours.

To cook, I sliced a white onion and chopped the other 2 garlic scapes. I pan fried the chicken and onions in olive oil until they were cooked and served it over couscous, garnished with some purple basil.

Big Flavors Rating: 3 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,