Rainbow Waldorf Salad



I was looking for a side dish to go with the chicken that I planned to make tonight, and I saw a slaw mix that had broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage and carrots in it. I figured there might be a recipe on the back, and sure enough, I found this. You just add apple and walnuts and a dressing to it and you get a nice Waldorf salad without much effort. It was a pretty big hit at the dinner table. I love all of the crunchy veggies, and the sweet/tart apple is a great addition.



Rainbow Waldorf Salad
Mann's

12 oz Mann's Rainbow Salad
1 Green apple, unpeeled and diced
1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped

In a large bowl, combine ingredients and set aside.

Dressing:
3/4 cup Mayonnaise, reduced fat
1/4 cup White wine or rice vinegar
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Sugar or Splenda
Salt and pepper to taste

Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Using a whisk, pour in vinegar until desired consistency is reached (about 1/4 cup). Pour over Mann's Rainbow salad mix and toss. Can be made up to 2 hours prior to serving.

Big Flavors Rating: 4 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,