Tatsoi Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing



When I was picking up my CSA goodies, I saw a vegetable that was new to me - tatsoi. The farmer told me that it was kind of like bok choy, and that it was good to stir-fry or in a salad. It's slightly bitter and has a really interesting texture. It's hearty and held up nicely to all of the toppings and the heavy dressing that I put on top of it.



Tatsoi Salad with Peanut Dressing
Ashley Covelli

Use any veggies that you have on hand - I just used what I got from the CSA this week.

Salad:
1 head tatsoi, cleaned and chopped
3 radishes, thinly sliced
3 small carrots, thinly sliced
1/3 English cucumber, chopped
1 tomato, chopped

Dressing:
1 T peanut butter
1 T honey
1 T low sodium soy sauce
1 T rice vinegar
2 T vegetable oil
1 1/2 t chili garlic sauce
juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 t ground ginger
1 t toasted sesame seeds

Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Toss.

In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together, adjusting chili garlic sauce to your desired degree of spiciness.

Top salad with dressing and enjoy!

Big Flavors Rating: 4 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,