5th Annual Power of Pink Challenge: Cake Mix Cookies



If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that cancer sucks. It has torn apart way too many families, and it sadly seems to be affecting more and more people every year. Jen over at Beantown Baker is hosting the 5th Annual Power of Pink Challenge. It's to help raise awareness for breast cancer during the month of October. Lots of bloggers are uniting to make pink foods as a way to help bring attention to this disease.

For my pink recipe, I chose something I saw over at Taste and Tell. This recipe couldn't be easier, and you're rewarded with some super fluffy cookies. I wasn't super crazy about the strawberry flavor - it kinda tasted like strawberry Quik. I used a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop and got about 40 cookies out of this recipe. I sent them to work with Dino, and they were a hit there. I think I may like the chocolate ones better. But having this as a base for a cookie recipe is really great if you need cookies in a pinch!



Cake Mix Cookies
Taste and Tell

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

These super easy cookies start with a cake mix. Change up flavors and add ins to your favorite flavors.

Strawberry
1 strawberry cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup coconut

Chocolate
1 chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Mix eggs and vegetable oil until well combined. Stir in cake mix and add ins; drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. Cook for 8-10 minutes at 350 F.

Big Flavors Rating: 3 Stars



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,