Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix





I was making something for lunch that called for ranch dressing mix. So I figured I must be able to make my own, rather than buying a version that was full of chemicals. So I found this post on I Believe I Can Fry (ha!) and was intrigued. I've never heard of powdered buttermilk before, and luckily there was a photo on the post so I could see what I was looking for at the store. I could only find a box with packets of dried buttermilk, so I had to cut the recipe in half. It smells like ranch dressing, and when combined with the ingredients for my lunch recipe, it sure tasted like ranch. This will be great to have on hand for salad dressing without all the junk. I'll definitely report back when I make regular ranch with it.



1 cup powdered buttermilk
2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp dried chives
2 tsp dried minced onion
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dill weed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt

Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until powdered. Store in an air-tight container.

Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,