Caper and Sun Dried Tomato Couscous with Parsley



I came up with this side dish because I wanted something quick and easy to go with the Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia that I made tonight. I threw this together with ingredients that I had on hand, and it was a big hit! The combination of flavors was simple and delicious, and it was a nice, easy dish to make while the fish was in the oven. I'll definitely make this again!



Caper and Sun Dried Tomato Couscous with Parsley
Ashley Covelli

1 cup water*
pinch salt
1 tablespoon butter or oil
1 cup couscous*
5-6 sun dried tomatoes, chopped, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons of their oil
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Bring water, salt and butter to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the couscous, sun dried tomatoes, and capers, cover the pan and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Stir in parsley and pepper. Enjoy!

*Note: the water to couscous ratio varies slightly by brand. The kind I have calls for 1 cup each, but check your package instructions and adjust accordingly.

Big Flavors Rating: 4 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , ,