Superbowl Party: Rainbow Krispy Bars

Pin It



I saw this post over on Babble a while back, and it reminded me of something I ate once and wanted to try out for myself. I didn't realize that there's a recipe that's similar to this on the box of Fruity Pebbles, which I'll probably use next time, since these were a little too sticky and difficult to work with. The recipe on the box calls for more butter and a whole box of cereal. I think that would work better. These were still mushy when I cut them, but they did taste great, and went over well at the party.



Rainbow Krispy Bars
Babble

2 tablespoons butter
1 package mini marshmallows
5 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal

In a large pan, melt the butter with your stove turned to medium heat.
Use a wooden spoon to stir the butter Pour the whole bag of
marshmallows into the pot and stir them until they are melted and
mixed with the butter. Add the cereal into the pot and stir it up
until all of the cereal is well mixed. Pour the mixture into a large
bread pan which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Allow
bars to cool slightly before serving.

Big Flavors Rating: 4 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , ,